Modern Power Steering Conversion
Borgeson has developed an integral power steering conversion box for the 1964-1977 Ford mid size cars. This box bolts directly to the factory mounting location and connects to the stock manual steering linkage. The steering column will need to be shortened for installation of this conversion box.
Cars with factory Bendix style power steering will require either manual steering linkage or a drag link adapter.
Steering Column Modifications
- Stock Column Shift – Columns will require extensive modifications to use with our conversion box. We do not recommend our conversion box for column shift applications.
- 1964-1967 Floor Shift applications – You will need to trim away the outer column tube and cut off the inner steering column shaft. The column shaft will need to be ground into a DD profile to connect to rag joint #052549.
- 1968-1977 Floor Shift applications – You will need to trim away the outer column tube. The inner steering column shaft with rag joint flange will then collapse in on itself for clearance. Attach the shortened column to the box with half rag joint part #990016.
This conversion box will fit the following years and models:
- 1964–1970 Ford Fairlane
- 1966–1970 Ford Falcon
- 1966–1970 Ford Ranchero & Falcon Ranchero
- 1968–1971 Ford Torino & Gran Torino
- 1970–1977 Ford Maverick
Box will also fit Mercury vehicles sharing the same platform.